Elestrin™ is an ultra low-dose, transdermal estradiol gel indicated for the treatment of moderate-to-severe hot flashes associated with menopause. Elestrin™ is available by prescription only.
Elestrin™ is a fast-drying, clear, colorless gel that contains 17ß estradiol. 17ß estradiol is identical to the estrogen produced by a woman's own body.
- A single pump of Elestrin™ delivers 0.0125 mg of estrogen to a woman's system daily.
- Proven in clinical studies to significantly reduce the number and severity of hot flashes
- Clear, no-mess formulation
- - Colorless and non-staining
- - Once daily application
- - Dries quickly within 5 minutes
- - Applied to an area of the upper arm/shoulder
Elestrin™ should not be used by women who have or suspect they may have the following conditions:
- Have unusual vaginal bleeding
- Currently have or have had certain cancers, including cancer of the breast or uterus
- Had a stroke or heart attack in the last year
- Currently have or have had blood clots
- Currently have or have had liver problems
- Are allergic to Elestrin™ or any of its ingredients - See attached Patient Prescribing Information for a list of ingredients in Elestrin™
- Think they may be pregnant
Women who may not respond to the lowest dose of Elestrin™ may be prescribed a higher dose. Individual results may vary according to Elestrin™ dosage.
Visit http://www.elestrin.com for more information on Elestrin™