Elestrin is an ultra low-dose, transdermal estradiol gel indicated for the treatment of moderate-to-severe hot flashes associated with menopause. Elestrin is available by prescription only.
Elestrin provides an effective, ultra low-dose of estrogen. Experts in the fields of gynecology and estrogen therapy, including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the North American Menopause Society (NAMS) and the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) recommended use of the lowest dose of estrogen possible, for the shortest amount of time to manage a patient's symptoms.
Elestrin is a fast-drying, clear, colorless gel that contains 17ß estradiol. 17ß estradiol is identical to the estrogen produced by a woman's own body.
- A single pump of Elestrin delivers 0.0125 mg of estrogen to a woman's system daily.
- Proven in clinical studies to significantly reduce the number and severity of hot flashes
- Clear, no-mess formulation
- Colorless and non-staining
- Once daily application
- Dries quickly within 5 minutes
- Applied to an area of the upper arm/shoulder
Elestrin should not be used by women who have or suspect they may have the following conditions:
- Have unusual vaginal bleeding
- Currently have or have had certain cancers, including cancer of the breast or uterus
- Had a stroke or heart attack in the last year
- Currently have or have had blood clots
- Currently have or have had liver problems
- Are allergic to Elestrin or any of its ingredients - See attached Patient Prescribing Information for a list of ingredients in Elestrin
- Think they may be pregnant
Women who may not respond to the lowest dose of Elestrin may be prescribed a higher dose. Individual results may vary according to Elestrin dosage.