Can I buy drugs from Canada with US prescription?
This article contains rules and steps for buying any foreign drugs.
We suspect there are some reasons why you’ve made this decision; they may include the facts that:
- Brand-name drugs cost less if bought abroad.
- You can’t find the necessary medicine in the US.
- Some foreign drugs don’t require prescription at all.
Did we get it right? Then let’s focus on the issue.
Is it legal?
Actually, no (except for some cases). Personal importation (bringing the drugs for personal use) and re-importation (buying drugs from abroad that were made in the US) are against the law. The reasons for this are obvious:
- The FDA (S. Food and Drug Administration) is responsible for your health, so they can’t give you access to undefined (by their system) medicine.
- When your drug’s prescription isn’t valid anymore, but you want to continue using the drug, your chances of experiencing side effects increase since prolonged use and self-prescribing isn’t a good idea.
- Even if the medicine is approved by the FDA, we cannot be completely confident in the reliability and conscientiousness of its manufacturer.
- You are primarily responsible for your health, and in the worst case scenario people usually desperately rely on their hope rather than critical thinking while buying a “magical cure” online.
However, you can obtain the drugs abroad, spending less money, that’s true. And if the issue is only about their cost, then you should take the situation in your own hands and find the ultimate solution.
So, how to import the drugs?
If you are distributor or wish to resell the drugs, you’ll run into many FDA restrictions. On the other hand, if you’re buying drugs for personal use, you’ll have a much easier time getting them. You can easily buy drugs abroad if the following conditions are true:
- Have no way out. You have a serious condition and the necessary medicine is not available in your country.
- Meet the low doses limits. Your need for drugs doesn’t exceed the limit of a three-month supply.
- Got all the necessary prescriptions. Officially, the customs allow you to get the medicine only when you have the documents and required prescription.
For better understanding, we recommend checking the FDA guide and getting a detailed view on these issues.
How to deal with customs?
Are you ready to get your three-month supply? There are things you need to be prepared for!
- Acquaint the customs offices with all the medicine-items you’re going to buy. Avoid telling lies or trying to bring more than is allowed, because otherwise you risk paying hefty penalties.
- Prescription drugs must have a copy of the prescription and be stored in original packages.
- Make sure your medicine meets all necessary import requirements. Otherwise, it will be confiscated and destroyed.
Take your time to remember these rules and stick to them and everything will go without a hitch.
Can I make an online order?
Yes, you can. However, you should be aware of some issues you may run into! It’s impossible to guess whether you’re buying from a trustworthy distributor or a typical scammer. Before making a purchase, you should do your research and find an online pharmacy you can trust. It’s not easy and will take some time, but the consequences of not doing it may be quite serious.
Moreover, be careful when buying drugs, because their names can be deceiving. Don’t rely on just the name of the drug, because some medicines in the US have the same names as the Canadian ones; however, this is where the similarity ends. They may have different non-active or even active ingredients. We recommend that you avoid buying drugs with the ingredients you are not familiar with.
A penny saved is a penny earned!
Be aware of efficient money-saving. Count the money you expect to spend and check the currency conversion. Pay attention to shipping prices. Familiarize yourself with all the details and create a strategic plan. Your health is a serious matter; thus, the process of buying drugs online shouldn’t be taken lightly.
Keep your eyes open! There are many online pharmacies which let you buy drugs without prescriptions. It is your call whether you’re going to trust them or not. Your health is your responsibility.